So, I went to a wedding last night, and didn’t drink. . .I did eat a piece of cake. But my dinner was paleo, and weddings sober are definitely a challenge. Tonight I have a wedding as well. . .but this isn’t buffet, so I’m hoping whatever I checked off on the RSVP card will be Paleoish.
This week is going to be super busy, so I wanted to make something I could pack to bring with me.
In doing so, I broke my knife:
My knives are the worst anyway. This is the second I’ve broken (the first was while coring an apple). So if anyone is looking for the perfect Chanukah present for me, a nice knife’ll do nicely. . .I’m not even picky. A single decent knife would be superb, to aid in my future collection of unmatched knives. I feel okay about that.
Anyway, they protein bars are still in the oven, so the baked picture will come later. But I promise it will taste good, which I know, because I ate a spoonful of dough raw. And if I didn’t need the snacks for later this week, I probably would have eaten the whole bowl.
Carrot Cake Protein Bars
* Shred 3-4 large carrots (skinned) into a bowl
* Add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup almond butter, and 1 cup almond flour. Stir well.
* Add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use Stronger Faster Healthier, because they use grassfed, free-range cows, and don’t put in ingredients that are made in lab*)
* Add 2 tbsp cinnamon, 1 c. raisins, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt
* Stir it all together. Pour into a pyrex you’ve greased with coconut oil
* Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes.
*Use promo code virtuosity at Stronger Faster Healthier for 10% off of your purchase