1) Slice an eggplant (I used two small white ones, probably the amount of one normal one), and put sea salt on both sides. Let sit for 15 minutes to soak the water out of the eggplant
2) While eggplant is sitting, chop 1-2 shallots (I used two), 1.5 roma tomatoes, and 1.5 basil leaves (my leaves were huge, probably the equivalent of 3-4 normal sized ones). Mix together with a tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar. Salt to taste.
3) Use paper towel to soak up extra water from eggplant.
4) Put some olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Saute eggplant slices for about 5 minutes on each side – until brown.
5) Serve bruschetta over eggplant slices.