So this was how I spent my last pre-WLC night. . .Russian literature, bourbon, and a huskypoo. (I know the drink should have been Vodka, but the heart wants what the heart wants).
To start the day, I had coffee and some melon for breakfast, and then I spent my morning at the farm. I did that dumb thing where I got so caught up in what I was doing that I forgot to eat enough, and lost track of time, and by the time I got home around 1 pm, I was starving. That’s the prime time for failing at Paleo, or at any kind of clean eating. If you don’t have healthy food ready to go, you’re gonna grab what’s handy. OR you man up, remember the commitment you made to yourself and your health, and you wait the ten minutes it takes to cook something yummy.
Here’s what I came up with:
Sprouts Over Easy
1) First, put some olive oil or grassfed butter in a pan, and cook a few strips of turkey bacon
2) While the turkey bacon is cooking, add your Brussels sprouts (cut in half, and I place them flat-side down so that part browns)
3) Add black pepper and Himalayan sea salt – this part is important. The pink Himalayan sea salt makes any egg dish 87% better. Again, straight-up science.
4) When sprouts are done, set them aside in a bowl, and lightly regrease your pan with whatever you were using. Crack your eggs into the pan, careful not to break the yolk.
5) When the eggs are firm enough, lightly lift them so you can flip them over just to easily cook the top side. Make sure you don’t cook the eggs fully, because breaking the yolks over your sprouts is half the fun of this dish.
6) When eggs are done, just serve them over your sprouts and turkey bacon. Break your yolks, and enjoy!